In the first episode of our Women Transforming Manufacturing series, we were extremely excited to sit down with Allison Grealis, President and Founding Member of Women In Manufacturing – a 5,300+ member (and growing every day!) trade association committed to supporting, promoting, and inspiring women who have selected careers in manufacturing. The organization works with both individual professionals and major manufacturers to help women in every function and at every level of manufacturing.
Through this conversation, we explore:
- What inspired Allison to pursue a career driven by empowering others and facilitating powerful and meaningful evolution in mission-critical industries.
- The gender gap in the manufacturing workforce and the many ways in which society is mobilizing to overcome it, along with the value and benefits manufacturing organizations see who make closing the gap part of their organizational mission.
- Where Allison sees manufacturing heading, with deep insights on how inclusion and evolution in company decision-making processes are driving change.
- Actionable thoughts on how to plan for, launch, and promote large scale digital events – a major pivot in Women in Manufacturing’s operations in recent times.
- How Women in Manufacturing empowers women in the industry, including how to get involved, upcoming events, and some of the numerous programs and benefits the organization offers.
To connect with Allison, you can visit her LinkedIn here.
To learn more about Women in Manufacturing and get involved, please visit womeninmanufacturing.org.
Women Transforming Manufacturing is a regular podcast and video series dedicated to highlighting and celebrating the women who are helping drive innovation, setting leadership standards, and achieving incredible business results in the world of manufacturing. Follow us on YouTube, Apple Podcasts, Spotify or Google Podcasts to stay on top of the inspiring conversations we have coming soon!