In the fifth episode of DH+ INSPIRE’s Women Transforming Manufacturing series, we had the privilege to sit down with Elizabeth Gubrud-Howe, CEO at Pacific Die Casting Corporation. During the podcast, we discuss her impressive career – including her stops at Starbucks and Dover Corporation – and chat about how her accomplishments and unique experiences have helped turn her into a better leader and innovator. From the human resources department to being CEO, there isn’t much Elizabeth hasn’t experienced on the leadership front.
Along the way, we cover how Elizabeth went from working for industry-leading corporations to pivoting her career in order to run her own business. We also discuss what being a leader means to Elizabeth, how her leadership goals have guided her along the way, and how she was able to successfully adjust during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Whether you are an aspiring entrepreneur that wants to start their own company or you’re a newly appointed leader looking for tips and motivation, you’ll want to tune in for this episode as we cover the following:
- The challenges of being a new CEO and how to best handle a leadership role.
- The importance and value of adapting quickly to new challenges in order to best serve your customers.
- Why building a strong company culture is so important.
- What makes a good leader in all types and sizes of organizations, and what qualities a good leader should possess.
- How to learn from life lessons and how they can impact your leadership style.
Women Transforming Manufacturing is a regular podcast and video series dedicated to highlighting and celebrating the women who are helping drive innovation, setting leadership standards, and achieving incredible business results in the world of manufacturing. Follow us on YouTube, Apple Podcasts, Spotify, or Google Podcasts to stay on top of the inspiring conversations we have coming soon!