Not long ago, business owners relied on reaching their local customers by paying neighborhood kids to spread promotional flyers around the community. This old-school type of marketing may have worked well in the past (back when most people still believed the internet would only be a fad), but nowadays, there’s a better digital approach. It’s called hyper-local marketing.
What is Hyper-Local Marketing?
Hyper-local marketing works similarly to any other kind of targeted marketing but with the added benefit of only reaching people near your business, whether it’s a restaurant, bar, hotel, or any other brick-and-mortar place. Best of all, hyper-local marketing only targets potential customers who are ready to make a purchase.
Is It Worth the Hype?
Hyper-local marketing offers your business more bang for your buck with a budget-friendly and highly-accurate strategy, more flexibility to customize your strategy to better meet your business needs and more foot traffic from customers who are actually ready to buy what you’re selling. But if you have any doubts, here are some stats:
- 92% of people will pick a business on the first page of local search results
- 88% of people will either call or visit a store after doing a local search
- 72% of people who do a local search will visit a store within five miles
- 78% of location-based mobile searches lead to an offline sale
- 28% of local searches lead to a purchase
How Does It Work?
The moment a customer searches for something, like the closest brewery near me or the best affordable hotels close by, then that’s when the hyper-local marketing magic kicks in. And no, search engines don’t automatically show all local businesses. They need to be optimized with hyper-local marketing first. Here’s a quick breakdown of how to start:
- Get a Google Business Profile
- Optimize your website with local
- Make sure your website is mobile-friendly
- Get customer reviews (the more stars the better)
- Improve online citation with local directories
- Use Google and social media marketing ad strategy
Need help with hyper-local marketing?
If hyper-local marketing sounds like a bunch of jargon that you can’t be bothered to think about, we’re here for you!
At DeanHouston+, we stay at the forefront of everything marketing so we can help all of our clients with their business goals. So, reach out to our hyper-local marketing experts, and we’ll not only put your business on the digital map but also make sure local customers find you quickly (think of us as one of those neighborhood kids that business owners relied on to promote their business – but with much more digital marketing expertise).